82 km cycling trip from Glasgow to Falkirk along the Forth and Clyde Ship Canal.
International historic civil engineering landmark Forth & Clyde Ship Canal was constructed from Grangemouth to Glasgow in the years 1768-1777 and the section Glasgow to Bowling in 1785-1790. The canal was closed due to the poor technical condition and the fact that shipping was stopped in 1963. The Canal was reopened in 2001 after modernization coast, re-vitalization and deep cleaning.
The canal. which in addition to inland traffic, accommodated full-masted coastal ships between The North and Irish Seas, represents a world landmark in canal engineering development. The project significantly advanced the industrial revolution in Scotland, and its organization proved the model for civil engineering work down to the present.